What you’ll be able to do — competencies
- Utilize the jQuery UI library for advanced interface functionality, including animations, modals and sortable lists
- Build a jQuery plug-in to better understand and customize the hundreds that are available
- Discriminate between a variety of competing jQuery-based libraries via research, evaluation and trial implementation
- Identify best practices for assuring professional quality of jQuery projects
Module 1 jQuery basics
- What is jQuery?
- The jQuery foundation
- Attaching jQuery to your project
- The jQuery $() wrapper
- The .ready() method
- jQuery selectors
- Filtering selections with filters
- Chaining syntax
- The .each() method
- Handling events
- Using .hover() and .trigger()
- Using .on()
Module 1 Assignments
- Read: chapters 1, 2, and 3
Module 2 Working with the DOM
- Manipulate element attributes and styles
- Add, change and remove elements
- Traverse the DOM
- Playing with styles
- Creating new elements
- Traversing the DOM
- Creating animations with jQuery
- Hide and show effects
- Custom animation methods
Module 2 Assignments
- Read: chapters 4, 5, and 6
Module 3 jQuery UI and widgets
- Introduction to jQuery UI’s set of user interaction widgets
- Installing and using widgets
- Customizing widgets
Module 3 Assignments
Do not stop!
Become a jQuery guru!
Next available start dates
Online — Evenings
Total classroom hours
Evenings, 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM, 4 F - 11/18/2022 - 12/16/2022, No class 11/25
Instructor: Margaret Royzen
Senior Software Developer at TRIZ Consulting, Inc., Margaret has been also teaching C# programming and more since 2011.
Bring a USB flash drive (minimum 2 GB) to class.
Students must have a Bellevue College NetID before the first class session.
Interested in custom learning solutions for your team?
Tombolo Institute Corporate Solutions offers tailor-made professional development programs to meet your organization’s goals.Get started