Setting up a payment plan
The BC Tuition Payment Plan allows students to stretch out class enrollment fees so the full amount is not due all at once.
- Easy online enrollment through Nelnet Business Solutions, an approved third-party vendor
- Automatic monthly payments with no interest
- $25 non-refundable enrollment fee (quarterly enrollment required)
Accepted Payment Methods
- Automatic payment from bank account (checking or savings)
- Automatic payment from credit or debit card
For example, if a student signs up for the spring quarter plan on March 2nd, and owes $1,500, 30% ($450) is due immediately as a down payment and the remaining $1,050 through two $525 automatic withdrawals on April 5th and May 5th. Specific date and payment breakdown information is available on the main campus payment plan page.
Fees to Participate
- $25 non-refundable enrollment fee per quarter (ACH & credit card)
- $30 returned payment fee if a payment is unsuccessful for lack of available funds or incorrect account information.
For continuing education courses, students must enroll in the plan at least 1 week (7 days) prior to the class start for which you would like to enroll and within 48 hours of registering for the course.
IMPORTANT: Payment plan enrollment after the due date will not stop the class drop process.
Payment Plan Termination
It is important to ensure that payments will process successfully.
Payment plans will be terminated immediately if the first scheduled payment is unsuccessful. If a payment plan is terminated, the student may be dropped from their class. All other unsuccessful scheduled payments for all payment plan participants will be automatically re-attempted on the 20th and 5th days of the month following the scheduled payment date. If a payment plan is terminated, the student is subject to the continuing education payment policy and may be dropped from classes.
Instructions for Setting up a Payment Plan via Nelnet Business Solutions
- If you have not already done so, create a student profile in CampusCE, the continuing education registration system.
- Call customer service at 425-564-2263 to register for your class. Tell the customer service representative that you will be using a Nelnet payment plan.
- After enrolling in the course, go to MyPaymentPlan to enroll in the payment plan program.
What to do if you add or drop classes?
If you add classes and your class costs increase, your payment plan amount and payments will be increased on your next payment provided there are at least ten (10) business days prior to the next scheduled payment (outside the 10 day limit any changes will be adjusted to the remaining scheduled payments). You will receive an email notification the next business day if there will be any changes in the preauthorized payment amount. If the ten (10) days prior fall on a weekend or holiday the deadline to change your payment amount is the last business day prior to the weekend or holiday.
Students are responsible for dropping classes. If you are registered for a course and do not drop prior to the refund drop deadline, then payment is expected in full.
Withdrawal and refund policy
Students who withdraw (drop) a course will be assessed a $10 processing fee on all refunds. The processing fee will be assessed on a per course basis. A full refund (less the processing fee) will be made if the course is dropped at least three (3) business days prior to the start of a course or event. No refunds are available after that time. If a course or event is cancelled by Bellevue College, a 100% refund will be made.
The deadlines for dropping a course are as follows
5:00 p.m. on previous Tuesday
5:00 p.m. on previous Wednesday
5:00 p.m. on previous Thursday
5:00 p.m. on previous Friday
5:00 p.m. on previous Monday
5:00 p.m. on previous Tuesday
5:00 p.m. on previous Tuesday
Late registration policy
In order to provide a consistent and high-quality educational experience, Tombolo Institute does not allow late registration. Students must be registered a minimum of 24 hours prior to the scheduled beginning of a class.
Students with disabilities
Bellevue College Continuing Education is committed to providing access to students who visit, work and study at north campus. Student accommodations are coordinated by the Disability Resources Center (DRC).
There is a formal process for students to initiate services and request accommodations. New students or students who have not previously contacted the DRC for services should review information online.
Students may apply for reasonable accommodations at any time. However, timely application (4-6 weeks before a course begins) will help facilitate timely approval and set-up of an accommodation(s).
The Disability Resource Center may be reached at 425-564-2498 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or online.
Underage student policy
Tombolo Institute provides education offerings primarily for adult learners. Unless a course or program is specifically designed for a younger age group, students under 18 years of age may be granted permission to enroll according to the following guidelines.
- 16 and 17-year-old students may enroll in some classes with the required release form. However, certain classes may require a minimum age of 18.
- 12 through 15-year-old students may enroll in some classes if accompanied by a parent or adult guardian over 18 who is also registered and participating in the same class. Students may not attend class unaccompanied.
- Students under 12 years of age may enroll only in classes specifically designed for that age group.
Underage students are required to provide a signed health authorization and release form prior to the start of class. See ‘Release of liability and medical release’ below.
Release of liability
Underage students are required to provide a signed health authorization and release form prior to the start of class. Please download the Release of Liability and Medical Release form The form may be provided in person on the first day of class, sent via email to email@example.com, or mailed to 14673 Ne 29th Pl., Bellevue, WA 98007.
Students participating in classes which may include strenuous activity or have associated activities which may include travel by automobile or other conveyance may be required to provide an activity release and limitation of liability form. Signed forms should be submitted on the first class day. Please download the Release of Liability and Medical Release form and bring it to your first class.